What is massage good for?
A lot of people think of massage as a way of relaxing, which can be the case, but it is also used to reduce pain, increase movement and reduce those general aches we all get from time to time.
The benefits of massage:
- Reduce Anxiety– massage helps you to relax, which in turn reduces anxiety.
- Increased Energy – massage can leave you feeling invigorated and with more energy.
- Pain reduction– Massage helps reduce tightness in muscles and releases the bodies endorphins, which reduce how much pain we feel.
- Reduced muscle tension– Massage helps muscles relax by generating heat, improving circulation and stretching the fibres of the muscle.
- Reduced likelihood of injury – by returning muscles to their normal tension (or closer to it) you reduce the chance of them being injured, as well as ensuring normal forces are going through your joints, again reducing the chance of injury.
We genuinely believe it shouldn’t be seen as a luxury but instead a great way of reducing the likelihood of getting injured, and reducing pain from sitting for long periods at a desk for example.
Most of our Massage clients leave their first session wishing they had come sooner, and often make it an important part of their schedule from then on.